Once you have logged in:
1. Click “Add Course” button on the right
2. Select Grade Level; Subject Area; Period; Semester; School Year
3. Enter a Course Log In Code (Students need a course log in code when they enroll in a class. It is best to use words that are easy for them to remember. You will not be able to change this code alter. Use a unique code for each class.)
Create AN Assignment
Now, that you set up your class:
1. Click on the Course you want to create an assignment for.
2. Click on the “Create Assignment” button on the right.
3. Enter the Essay Assignment Title, select the Essay Assignment Type, enter Due Date
4. Enter the number of BODY paragraphs you are requiring. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS IN ADDITION TO THE INTRO AND CONCLUSION PARAGRAPHS. BY ENTERING 1 YOU WILL BE REQUESTING A 3 PARAGRAPH ESSAY.
5. Click “Save and Continue” and complete the “Prompt Wizard”. Here you can view the rubric and examples of Hooks, Premises, Maps, and Conclusion
6. Click “Publish” and students can begin writing.
1. Go to www.themozi.com
2. Click on “Student Sign Up”
3. Start entering school name. Ex. “Berendo Middle School – Los Angeles Unified” and select it.
4. Enter first and last name
5. Enter email address
6. Create a password that can be remembered. Write it down.
7. Click on “Sign Up”
Once students have signed up:
7. Click on “Enroll in Course”
8. Select class/period
9. Enter course log in code
Mozi OPen prompt
Teachers determine the essay structure and the level of writing scaffolds for students.
- Scaffolds –Teachers decide whether to include brainstorming and elaboration space or to skip straight to the open writing space.
- Brainstorm - If teachers choose to scaffold their assignment, they are given the option to enable or disable the Brainstorm (previously known as the pre-write).
- Dynamic Body Paragraphs – If a teacher wants students to decide how many body paragraphs to use, the teacher can enable Dynamic Body Paragraphs. Students are given free-reign to add or subtract body paragraphs in both the Brainstorm and elaboration phase. This feature will be especially useful for AP, IB, and college-level classes that require an advanced level of writing.
Teachers can now use Mozi for quick responses to guiding or essential questions, reading logs, or rhetorical précis.
Mozi Prompt Bank
Mozi teachers have created hundreds of prompts in all subject areas. Select "View Mozi Prompt" bank to use them as they are or modify them to meet you student objectives.
For additional help call us at 1-833-THE-MOZI (843-6694) or email us at email@example.com.